With thanks to our colleagues at Hivetool.com
Beekeeping Calendar of Management Practices: January
- Clean, paint and repair equipment.
- Check the apiary for wind damage.
- Check the apiary for skunk damage.
- Repair and paint equipment.
- Clean supers, hive bodies, covers and frames of burr comb and propolis.
- Cull combs. Cut all combs with more than six square inches of drone cells from the frames.
- Render (if equipped) or pack all old comb or beeswax into a shipping container. Old comb or wax can be exchanged for foundation.
I hope 2012 brings each of us good health and prosperity! See you at the next meeting – January 14th at 9:30 AM.